Friday, November 19, 2010

I REMEMBER HALLOWEEN

review taken from RTC #2 I REMEMBER HALLOWEEN #1, 2, 3...For me I honor I.R.H. as a staple zine in our local scene. The highlight for issue number one for me is the interview of Chris Dodge. I am a fan. It’s nice to read the humble answers of Chris. The second one is the interview with Devon of Conquest For Death. I would never get to know he has a new band if not for this feature. For the second and third issue there is a Bystorm and Choke Cocoi tour diary. An enjoyable memoir for both bands sharing their experiences having the chance to go outside the country to promote their music and enthusiasm for the hardcore punk scene. This is a great achievement for them and also for the whole local underground movement putting our country on the hardcore punk map.I urge you to take hold all the copies of IRH for a near sum up of how superior this zine really is, to seize the spontaneous devotion of Dane.
 _____________________________________________________________________________

review taken from RTC #3: I REMEMBER HALLOWEEN #4 Another tight issue for IRH. It’s just keeps getting better and better. This is the end result having lots of enthusiasm and passion to our hardcore scene. I like the Omerta interview because I am keeping an eye for this local hardcore band. The Staid interview is short but it’s nice knowing that Raymond is still up screaming his guts out again with a new unit and sharing again his great lyrics to us and still jumping around to youthcrew hardcore style. Let’s fucking go! There are foreign interviews with Kah-Roe-Shi, Thou, Protestant and Fight Amp. Also an old reprinted interview with Requiem. All in all this is good stuff. I guess Dane is already overwhelmed by the praises he’s getting right now. But hey it’s all you’re going to get for doing a great job. Keep it up man.  

No comments:

Post a Comment